Friday, February 3, 2012

HST BOM. February.

Oh, half-square triangles. I don't like you. Your points still didn't come together. And I cut you so carefully! I pinned you so delicately! I spent SO MUCH TIME cutting those squares to perfect 3.5" squares and even made sure your hypotenuse was perfectly aligned at a 45 degree angle while I was at it! You and I might never be friends. I'm going to give you this year to grow on me, but if January rolls around and you still aren't behaving, don't expect to be on my invite list for 2013. Just saying.

January

February

To be honest, that second block looks better in the photo than in real life. But I'm trying to be cool with the imperfections and remind myself that this is my quilt, and no one else's will have those same mistakes. It's special. Also, I'm still fairly new to this, so I get a pass for a while longer, right? 

My question: when does that pass expire?

- - - - - - - - -

4 comments:

  1. So, I kind of want to do this, but I've never quilted before. Do you think I can handle it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm of the opinion that if I can do it, most anyone can do it! Besides, you already have sewing experience, so most definitely for you. It's an initial investment because the tools really are necessary, but you might already have them. Message/call me if you want to talk more about it. :) It would be AWESOME if you did!

      Delete
  2. I like the splashes of yellow in February's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am particularly fond of them as well!

      Delete