Saturday, July 14, 2012

Back in the Saddle Again....

Okay. I might be settled in. Almost. I've figured out the library (grumble grumble) and actually found some of the books from my list, so hopefully I'll make up some time by flying through the titles. Here we go:
  • Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard
  • Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgernstern
  • Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman
  • The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan [Realized I've tried to read this before and just don't want to try again right now.]
  • Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
  • Hood by Stephen Lawhead
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  • Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
  • Legend by Marie Lu
  • Firelight by Sophie Jordan
  • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
  • Pastwatch by Orson Scott Card
  • Here Lies the Librarian by Richard Peck
  • The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
I finished Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman this afternoon. Dude, this was an awesome book. The essays were short and sweet and had meat to them, but at the same time, they were easy and fun to read--thank you, Anne Fadiman. I can't settle on a favorite essay, I just can't. As I'm trucking through this beauty, I kept thinking to myself, why don't I read some of these authors? Why don't I read Proust? I could read Proust! (Oh yeah. Um, I don't wanna.)

Now, off to finish The Night Circus, which I'm still nervous about, and start Elantris. Busy bee, I shall be!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!
    And you'll love Night Circus.
    This post makes me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete